Cinco de Mayo as a vegan

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

When you think of the anniversary of the Mexicans winning the Battle of Puebla, what comes to mind?

For me, it's food, food, and did I mention food?

You will meet few people who love Mexican food more than I do. One of my favorite things about Mexican cuisine is how easy it is to make it vegan and on Cinco de Mayo, I don't need an excuse to load up on it.

I made taco bowls for lunch today from cooked quinoa, lettuce, tomato, red bell pepper, salsa, and a chopped black bean burger patty.

The salsa I used is the Tostitos original one. I grew up loving Tostitos products and I'm super happy that I don't have to give them up to live this lifestyle.

My go to black bean burger patties are from the brand "Gardein", which makes plant based imitation meats 100% vegan and all of them that I have tried look and taste like the real thing and are quick and easy to prepare and I absolutely love them.

What vegan Mexican foods do you like? How did you celebrate Cinco de Mayo?

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Seneca Original Apple Chips

Trader Joe's Frozen Açai Review