Keto vegan mac and cheese

I know what you're thinking as you're reading the title. Huh? Keto mac and cheese? Are keto and vegan even compatible? I'm here to tell you that keto mac and cheese is possible and keto and vegan are compatible. And I'm also here to tell you that you are not dreaming. This is reality.

How is that possible?

The base ingredients in this recipe are zoodles, white vinegar, whatever oil you choose to use, and nutritional yeast but if you want, you can add other seasonings and vegetables. I added hot sauce, green onion, and tomato because I really like them in my mac and cheese but you do not have to do that.

The tool that makes low carb noodles possible is the spiralizer. This is not sponsored but I really like the OXO brand handheld spiralizer. It's super easy to use and, provided you won't get in trouble for having a blade on you, you can take it anywhere.

I don't really measure ingredients for this recipe so I cannot really give measurements.

Without further ado, here is what you'll need for this recipe and how to do it...

Ingredients:
1 zucchini per person
Enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan (I use coconut or olive oil but whatever you have on hand should work)
White vinegar
Nutritional yeast

Procedure:
1. Pour oil of choice into a saucepan. The oil should cover the bottom of the pan.
2. Add the spiralized zucchini to the pan and pour a splash of white vinegar over the zoodles.
3. Once zoodles are cooked to your liking, add enough nutritional yeast to create a cheesy sauce.
4. Load/Season as desired and serve.

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Seneca Original Apple Chips

Trader Joe's Frozen Açai Review

Vegan Pad Thai