The things you don't see everyday

I'm not sure any of you will have (or have ever heard) a story such as the one I'm about to share but I feel I should share it because in the world of customer service, many people do a very good job and even go the extra mile for their customers but it's those who don't that get the negative media attention. Those who do good don't get the thanks they deserve. I'm here to change that today. Here's my story:

I was at Trader Joe's looking at the cards. I'm not sure about the Trader Joe's locations you guys shop at but at mine, there are two doors you go through. The first gets you indoors and the 2nd gets you into the store. It's at that 2nd door where the cards are located. The device the cards are on is supposed to rotate but this time it wouldn't for some reason (and I wasn't the only one who tried) so what I did was I got between the back of the device and the wall behind it to look at the cards in the back. All of a sudden, the automatic door slid open and hit me in the head and squished me into the corner! I was screaming and it was quite scary! Praise the Lord I'm not hurt! The door slides open and closed so I must've been really close to the wall to be hit in the head by it! A store employee saw what happened and heard me screaming so he apologized profusely (he's not at fault. Not blaming him. That's just what he said) and said he would bring the incident to the attention of the store manager and ask about either lubricating the rotator or moving the cards to another section of the store where this would be less likely to happen. He then offered me free flowers of my choice and I chose the blue hyacinth. He saw the flowers I chose and said "Here. Take the white one too so it has a friend and make sure the cashier doesn't charge you for them."

I normally don't like people taking photos or videos of me without my knowledge and consent (and especially not sharing them without my knowledge and consent!) but I really hope someone was documenting this time because people doing good deeds don't get the praise that they should. Social media is a breeding ground for gossip and portraying people in every field as not bearing in mind the best interests of the customers. Just like social media can be used to spread hate, it can be used to spread love and I want to spread love through social media. Thank you Trader Joe's for consistently amazing customer service. The incident described above is probably not something you see everyday but I hope that responses such as that of the store employee are things you see everyday. I hope that more people will talk about the good things people do on social media and posts like this will soon become something you see everyday.

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Seneca Original Apple Chips

Cinco de Mayo as a vegan

Trader Joe's Frozen Açai Review