Why I'm thankful to be vegan

Thanksgiving is all about celebrating what we're thankful for and I'm thankful to be vegan. Yes, it means no turkey and I have to adapt almost every recipe but I don't care. In fact, I enjoy it! Here's why:

1. I'm protecting all creation. Animals don't deserve what they go through that allows the food industry to thrive. It's an injustice I don't want to contribute to so I just don't. And don't forget the impacts of the animal agriculture industry that I'm not supporting either!

2. I'm much healthier. I really don't eat junk food at all. Focusing on whole plant foods is just what I've found I need for optimal wellness. I have a lot of energy and I'm just thriving.

3. I've learned how to cook. As I've moved away from processed foods, a lot of that's been replaced by either fully raw or home cooked meals so I've learned how to make food from scratch. Cooking is a basic life skill and everyone should know how to make a handful of recipes from scratch.

4. The community. The vegan community on social media is absolutely wonderful. I don't know any vegans in real life (I used to but he's moving back to eating meat. Won't share the details here) because it's just not mainstream, so it's nice to connect with other vegans through social media. I find this community to be an outgoing, creative, and welcoming one I'm happy to be part of.

5. My lifestyle has expanded my horizons. Part of stopping eating certain things is finding really cool other things to eat instead and finding new favorites you otherwise wouldn't know. I never knew how many kinds of pears and apples there were, and I thought the on me dark greens out there were kale and spinach. I also learned that contrary to what one of my middle school teachers taught me, peanut butter is NOT made from rat poop! I don't know why she said that but, because I want to assume the best in people, I'm sure it probably has something to do with the prevalence of nut allergies, so the goal was to deter us from bringing peanut butter to school. I never believed this teacher about that anyway but since I've gone vegan and learned how to make my own nut butter, I can prove that no rats are involved in making peanut peanut butter. I've learned so much more but I can't put it all here because it's a continuous process. I learn from you guys and I share my learning on this blog as I learn more.

I hope you all had a blessed holiday and comment down below what you're thankful for.

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Seneca Original Apple Chips

Trader Joe's Frozen Açai Review

Jan 2021: What have I ditched and switched?