Trying star fruit

On this beautiful Thursday, I tried star fruit. It is borderline summer where I live and when the temperatures rise and the sun stays risen for longer, a favorite thing for many to do is to down all the ice cream and popsicles in sight. Fresh fruit right out of the fridge or freezer is a super healthy alternative that also cools you down. That made my afternoon snacktime the perfect time to try some fresh star fruit for the very first time.

What is star fruit might you ask? It's a yellow green exotic fruit that looks like a star. For those without kidney problems, it's a wonderful addition to a healthy diet.

If you were to ask me to describe the taste and texture of a star fruit, I would say it has a texture similar to that of an apple and tastes like an apple or melon with a squirt of lemon juice.

Have you ever tried star fruit? What did you think of it? Have you had any other exotic fruits that you recommend I try? Where could I find them?

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Seneca Original Apple Chips

Trader Joe's Frozen Açai Review

Vegan Pad Thai