Vegan French Toast

I had every intention of getting this post out yesterday because it was Tuesday Treat Day (anyone remember Hoops and Yoyo?) but every single time I wrote it and hit the post button, it saved as a draft and everything I typed was deleted. Frustrated, I called it quits and decided to come back later and try this again. If it doesn't work this time, I'll have to figure out what to do from here to get it to work. Anyway, enough ranting and I'm going to get to what you all came here for: vegan French toast!

What is French toast doing on a #TuesdayTreatDay post? French toast is not a breakfast food if you ask me. It's a treat. And it was my weakness before I went vegan. So I rejoiced when I learned how to make it vegan. Hardly any restaurant will whip up French toast without egg and you wouldn't find it in the freezer section of the grocery store either so good thing it's easier than it looks.

The egg replacement is flaxseeds. You may have heard of chia seed or flax seed pudding. The chia seeds or flax seeds thicken whatever they're added to and make it creamier when they're allowed to sit in liquid. So the trick is to let the batter sit in the fridge for a short time before use so the flaxseeds have a chance to activate and do their magic.

You will need:
Ground flaxseeds (some brands call it flaxseed meal)
Water or almond milk
Agave nectar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract (if desired)

Directions:
1. Pour a small amount of flaxseeds into the container you are using- enough to cover the bottom
2. Pour approximately half an inch of water into the container
3. Let sit in the fridge for about 10 minutes to allow the flaxseeds to activate.
4. Soak bread of choice in the batter for about 10 seconds on each side.
5. Cook both sides to perfection in a non stick pan.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 as many times as desired.
7. Enjoy!

Comment down below what you put on your French toast. I put nothing on it. I love it as it is.

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Seneca Original Apple Chips

Cinco de Mayo as a vegan

Trader Joe's Frozen Açai Review